Listed below are items designed and developed by a member of Guildford Model Railway Group for direct purchase.
Please use the Product Enquiry Form for any product purchases or queries.
ControlIt Printed Circuit Board Sleepers
ControlIt Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Sleepers are designed to hold rails in place when crossing baseboard joins, lift up or lift out sections, turntables, traversers, storage cassettes, or anywhere that requires a reliable rail alignment wherever there is a track separation.
ControlIt PCB Sleepers are suitable for a range of HO scale track. Sleeper dimensions and spacing have been scaled from the Data Sheets Trackwork Manual for the New South Wales Railways (Note: product dimensions may vary very slightly due to manufacturing tolerances). Individual solder points for the rails represent sleeper plates as used on the prototype. The top finish applied to the boards restricts solder to the sleeper plate areas, resulting in a neat and durable track join.
To use the PCB Sleepers:
- Remove the plastic sleepers from your track and insert the PCB sleepers in their place under the rails on either side of the join
- Place the track over the join and solder the rails to the PCB solder points
- The PCB Sleepers can be held in place with glue (for example a 2-part epoxy for a strong join)
- Once installed the rails are cut across the join between the pair of PCB sleepers
- The sleepers can be painted after installation
For curved track, the sleepers can be cut and soldered to the rail separately to suit the radius. A cutoff disk in a motor tool can be used to cut the webbing between sleepers.
The sleeper plate areas on the PCB sleepers may also be used to connect wires for track power. The solder points for each rail are electrically joined on the board so any area may be used.
PCB Sleepers pricing:
- Pack of 2 boards - AUD $8.00
- Bulk pack of 10 pairs (20 boards) - AUD $76.00
- Bulk pack of 20 pairs (40 boards) - AUD $144.00
Shipping costs: $6.50 shipping per pack to anywhere in Australia. Postage will be combined wherever possible.
Printed Circuit Board Sleepers Gallery
Interested in ordering? Please use the Product Enquiry Form.